I had the opportunity to be interviewed by Desiree Argentina on her podcast The Wellness Project with Des and it was a wonderful interview. She asked me:
- To share my story
- How old were you when you were diagnosed with depressive disorder and anxiety? And when did you get an accurate diagnosis of bipolar disorder? (8:33)
- How did you know something was wrong and what were your earliest memories of something being off or different? (9:04)
- At what point did your family realize that there was something off and you needed help? (14:40)
- Did your family know about bipolar disorder? Or did they just recognize that something was off a bit? (16:10)
- Can you talk a little bit about how your family approached you? Can you explain that? Some family members and loved ones don’t know how to approach it, don’t know what to say, don’t want to offend the person. How can someone go to someone in an empathetic supportive way? (16:55)
- Can you speak about how bipolar disorder affected your relationships with your family, romantic relationships, relationships with your children? (19:40)
- Would you mind sharing what techniques helped your relationship with your husband from going to therapy together? (24:30)
- Can you share what steps you took to heal yourself to get better and could you share your self-care regimen? (27:54)
I was so grateful to have the opportunity to speak with Desiree. She asked fantastic questions and we had a very productive conversation about how to successfully navigate diagnosis, relationships and treatment with bipolar disorder.
I am excited to share this interview with you!